Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Change - The Relativeness of Truth

The only constant in Life is change.


Everything changes - people, faces, surroundings, neighbourhoods, colour, TV programmes, friends, enemies, political parties in power, seasons, weather, night, day, girl friends, boy friends, lovers, husbands, wives, jobs, hobbies, religion, pets, phone nos., values, ethics, laws, roads, rivers, relationships, needs, likes, dislikes, cuisine, love, hate, emotions, feelings, thoughts, mindsets, landscapes, continents, seas, oceans, truth, falsehood, right, wrong, happiness, sorrow, joy, pain

I am not putting a full stop to that list cause I haven't yet thought of all the things that change. As I write herein, I keep adding to the list.
I am trying to think of something in Life that doesn't change. Can someone help me. Is there one damn thing that doesn't change in this world. If I am not wrong the only damn thing that doesn't change is the god-dammed fact that everything changes.


Even universal laws change. I am not sure about universal constants like Absolute Zero - but I am sure as the definition of UTP or NTP or any of those variables changes even universal constants would change.

As I write this, I am trying to get over the demise of a close friend. Well demise not as in death, but the passing away. The ending of a relationship. The relationship hasn't fully ended, but I can see the signs. And I know it's time to let go. The time to start afresh again. The time to close a door and open a window. I can feel it within me - it's the time to move on. The time to accept that everything in this dammed world changes. Everything comes to an end, whether good or bad. One can't have good times all the time and neither can one have bad times all the time. Even good has to end and pave the way for something bad, something undesirable, something unwanted. Something that brings sadness, sorrow, hurt, loss, pain,

And at this point in time, I am reminded of Buddhism's great teachings - never crave for anything mortal. Never get attached or allow yourself to get attached to anything mortal, for everything mortal has to end. But this piece is not about the mortality of this world, it's about the ineveitability of change. Nothing will stay constant my friends (and enemies) not you, not me, not nothing.

I am not saddened that the relationship is coming to an end. I know there is bright light at the end of the tunnel. I know eventually there will be someone else in my life. In fact I can already see that someone else in the far distance. What saddens me is that with all our skills, technology, sophistication, etc, we can't make a damn thing stay on.....

(to be continued)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Truly, change is the only constant in ones life!